Tuesday, September 07, 2010

cane shopping

so, I bought my first cane today, pink of course. I totally plan on pimping it out. I plan on putting sparkles on it as soon as I figure out the best way to make them stick without leaving a sparkle trail everywhere I go. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Maybe do the whole thing with spray glue and then shelack it? I don't really want to have that permanent sticky feeling either though. Oh decisions, decisions. Who knew that being a short term cripple was such a fashion nightmare! Well, probably everyone. Maybe I will go into business making young, hip gimp supplies. I don't see how that can go wrong at all. Anyone want to invest? I have always had a habit of naming inanimate objects. Most notably were Sparky the space heater, (which was more of a tempting fate thing than any actual fire hazard) and Lassie the radar detector (because it was always going off at odd times, usually near the schnucks, where we figured the bad guys were holding Timmy) So of course I had to find a name for the cane, I think we are going to have to go with Candice for obvious reasons. Candy would be too obvious, but Candice is okay. Again I am open to suggestion. I thought of going with Michael but it is too pink for a boy name although maybe I am putting way to much thought into it.

2 comments:

Brian Dozer said...

How about calling the cane "Citizen?"

Foxglove Cottage said...

Oh! I immediately thought .... Michael Cane!
I think he could handle PINK!