Sunday, August 15, 2010

okay, here goes

Well, I think we have a final diagnosis. Desmoplastic fibroma. I can't get a final decision on whether or not it is cancer as, from what I understand, it is pretty rare with less than 80 known cases. Lucky me! Trying to be upbeat but finding it harder and harder and I have only known a few days. It has been a really long road to this point though and I guess part of me is just tired from this trip as well as everything else. I pretty much started this problem in February and have had physical therapy, MRI's, CT's, PET scans and I can't even recall what else. I am so grateful to my mom and all the help and support she has given me. I really don't know what I would do without her. I have been putting off starting this blog for a few reasons, for one it makes everything seem so real but I guess it all is pretty real so I might as well try and keep track of things and keep everyone up to date. I am set to have surgery on October 6th, flowers and casseroles to follow. The tumor is located at the T-11 vertebra but they will have to take out the surrounding vertebra as well since it is highly prone to reoccur. However it is not prone to metastasize so that is a good thing.

1 comment:

Betty said...

Well Baby Girl you have certainly gotten in to a pickle big time. I think this blog is a great idea and to start things off it probably helps to vent. Yell scream holler gnash some teeth (although I suspect you have already done that). It's not fair, you don't deserve to be in this situation.

The MD was right in explaining all of the consequences that could occur, but I think they should be considered like the warnings on all medications. It doesn't mean that any of them will happen. And I think you have to remember that the reason you sought help is because you are in so much pain. I feel terrible sorry for you misery. But you cannot live like this.

You have a great support group of people who love you and want to help-WE WILL GET YOU THROUGH THIS. Besides you have the Belleville St. Peregrine Society, The Poor Sister's of St. Claire and Patti Kenetski's entire 3rd grade class all praying for you. With that much prayer power behind you you're going to be fine. Love Mom